Friday, February 2, 2018

BONUS RANT! Fairy Picks

Bonus RANT!!!

Now this is something that I do not want to say by name, but most of you can name a company or two that sells $3-$6+ picks. YES guys, $3-$6+ for ONE pick, NOT a pack of twelve or six, etc. And they only go higher!!!
I recently acquired a few. BUMMED. PERIOD. Thank god they were free.

Now let me elaborate. Out of the half dozen I got were any bad? No. I don't see anything wrong with them. Did they do the job? Yeah, they did... AT DAMN NEAR TEN FOLD the price of the typical Dunlop or whateveryawannacallit pick. The picks feel nice, I got a few nice different sizes. They had a little bit of grip on them, that was nice. The edges were sharp and smooth on the strings. They are not a bad product.

Want to know what I use and LOVE at a much lower price? Dunlop Carbon Fiber Jazz III's. There is so much grip they are hard to lose, even if you were to try. I have yet to have one of mine wear even visible. They are more expensive than the typical Dunlop pick but damn, I dig them and they are affordable.
I recently got a sample pack of Dunlop Jazz III's. There are a lot of varieties of materials. I really liked the yellow tinted one and the others are great too. The seven variety pack is $7 from major dealers. That is a good price to find what works for you. Some of the fairy pick places charge $20 to $30 for a variety pack not so cheap to get your toes wet.

That's where I stand.

The retort (for all of you political bitches):
I always say to use what fits you best in general. That has been since day one. I use what works for me. You should use what works for you. I try to gently, and if needed, coarsely guide you but I have a hard time justifying that amount of cash on a damn pick, especially since those picks don't even have any freaking fairy dust on them. Call them, maybe they can tack another $5 for ones with fairy dust. IDFK. I just don't see how it is practical. I think I may stretch it out to the term gimmick. $5 for a pick is a gimmick. DAMN! Did I actually say this? Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick.







I have a feeling that I am going to get some hate mail on this. Guess what? I DON'T CARE, bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment