Tuesday, February 6, 2018

$30 Squier Stratocaster Ball Busting Beast. **TRASHED'S GEAR**

So on my quest for hoarding my Squier Stratocasters, I picked up this ugly hoe (not Santa's kind of greeting) for $30. Hell yeah!

There are quite a few good deals i have picked up. from this one at $30, another at $40 and another for $50 NIB with plastic on it still. lolzzzz.

This ugly duckling  was covered in stickers and gunk, not a big deal, cleaned it up. I rolled the edges of the fretboard and I touched the fret ends a bit with a needle file. It came equipped with gold Ibanez tuners, they work fine. I pulled the jack plate off and sprayed it gold, I don't totally know why but it looked good.

I have too many SSS strats. Way too many. So I went into my shop and found a Bill Lawrence humbucker. Stuck it in there. I decided that the empty single coil routes were a little boring, so I grabbed my wonderful dremel and cut the pickguard. There are no knobs on this guitar, just one on/off switch. bare bones.

whatch'y'all think?




3 comments:

  1. Dude, nice! I put a seymour duncan JB mini in my squire and bypassed the electronics, and it sounds killer through my orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool! I haven't tried a JB JR, how is it in comparison to the full sized JB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used a full JB in my rig, but I've used my JB JR and a JB in my friend's rig (he has a Halo Full Custom Shop which is the most badass guitar) so I'll do my best to describe it. The full has a slightly warmer tone to it thats only really noticeable with a pristinely clean tone, but really the main difference is when the JR is coil split, it sounds much thinner and less honky.

      Delete